Friday, November 27, 2009

For the girls - hair wrap appropriate for work???

I'm 23, work in a governmental agency. The longest layer of my hair reaches just past my shoulders and is razor cut layers. So it's technically too short to put in a pony tail, I'm not big on headbands themselves but was thinking about a "head wrap" [?] Like a head scarf only WITHOUT the extra fabric???



Are these appropriate for the workplace? Especially one as business like as a governmental office?



And lastly, any suggestions on where to pick up one appropriate for the office envirnoment? All the places I have checked out seem to have more of the punk/goth looks which I might be fine with away from the office, but I know for a fact skulls and crossbones ARE NOT going to fly.



For the girls - hair wrap appropriate for work???

I think the only way you'll be able to pull this off is on casual Fridays. There really isn't a way to make a head wrap suitable for a professional environment.



Why not buy nice scarves and roll them into headbands? Then they aren't so bothersome. I do that a lot and I'm also a 23-year-old professional. Or there's also those really super thin Goody headbands, which I can barely even fell for the most part.



I know your frustration though. I had short hair with layers when I was growing mine out, and the middle stage was a pain because there's not much you can really do with it. But there are so many pins, barettes, clips, ties, etc. out there. Just experiment with different things and see what works best for you.



For the girls - hair wrap appropriate for work???

Personally, I wouldn't wear one...but I don't see it as being inappropriate for the office. I would think someplace like Sally's Beauty or a local beauty supply place would carry a decent head wrap. Good luck.



For the girls - hair wrap appropriate for work???

As long as they are professional looking and match well, you should be fine. Check a boutique around your area, they will have things like that.



For the girls - hair wrap appropriate for work???

like the one prince wore at the super bowl or the one you see the girl ozzy' ozborne wore.....i guess any would do.....but i guess you have to have the look.....yr right no crossbones......good luck.....



For the girls - hair wrap appropriate for work???

Ok, not sure what a head wrap is exactly but the first thing you should do is check the dress code with Human Ressources. You don't want any nasty surprises.



In theory, the gvt office should make allowances for religious headware so maybe it will be permissible (even if not for religious reasons). But make sure of that. Look around you, are other women wearing such hairdos?



If it's ok to wear them, I think you should keep the colors sober, or at least match them with your outfit. Color isn't big in gvt, IMO, so black, navy blue or dark grey.



Sounds depressing, I know, but I worked in a bank for a while and it wasn't color friendly at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
cash advance